Making sure your children have a healthy school lunch can be hard. Back when my kids were in school, I’d find myself fixing the same lunches over and over.
I finally sat down and wrote out a plan for weekly healthy school lunches and it was such a relief to look at my roundup while I made my grocery list.
I remember when I was in high school. Eating a healthy lunch was not a priority. Most days, I would just skip lunch. By the time basketball or cheerleading practice came around, I’d be famished. That’s not good.
It’s important that kids eat a good lunch. If you send food they don’t like, they won’t eat it. Let your children help pick out their healthy lunch. At least you’ll know it’s something they will eat.
If you have a picky eater, lunches can be even more challenging. You may have a child who wants to eat the same thing every day. Maybe your kid hates sandwiches. If that’s the case, make skewers or pretzel rods with different dips.
Healthy School Lunch Roundup
The Main Event
- Turkey Wraps
- Pasta Salad
- Zippy Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Chicken Salad Croissants
- Ham & Cheese Roll-ups with Pretzel Kabobs – Roll up a slice of ham and a slice of cheese. Skewer with a pretzel stick.
- Peanut Butter and Apple Pitas – Cut pita bread in half. Add peanut butter and sliced apples.
- Green Salad with Dressing
- Baby Carrots & Ranch Dressing
- Whole-Grain Goldfish Crackers
- Bell Pepper Strips
- Mini Corn Muffins
- Assorted Fruit
- Mini Oatmeal Cookies
- Animal Crackers
- Fat-Free Chocolate Pudding
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries or Oranges
Easy Ways to Prep Lunches
- Freeze peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.
- Freeze drink boxes the night before and they can double as ice packs.
- Use cookie cutters to quickly cut sandwiches into fun shapes.
- Use lunch boxes with divided compartments.
- Don’t forget about using leftovers from last night’s dinner.
- Make lunches the night before and let the kids help.
- Pack lunches you know your child will eat (not what you wish they would eat.)
You can also find some many more healthy school lunches by clicking the link below.