This shop, White Peppermint Funfetti Cake Balls, was sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Roll up your sleeves, put on your apron, and get ready to make the most amazing cake balls you’ll ever taste.
OK – I have to confess that I rarely wear an apron. I know I should and I have the stains to prove it, but I feel too constricted. I need to be able to move freely when I’m doing my favorite holiday activity – baking.
Every year around this time, the kids start calling and the conversation goes a little like this: “Hey, mom! Whatcha doing? Blogging? (I can almost hear their eyes roll) When are you going to start holiday baking? You are baking this year, right?”
When have I not baked for the holidays? Christmas wouldn’t be the same without baking the family’s favorite goodies and believe me, the kids always let me know which ones they are expecting. You don’t mess with tradition during the holidays . . . unless you’re improving those traditions!
And that’s exactly what I did when I changed up my cookie ball recipe and created White Peppermint Funfetti® Cake Balls. And let me insert right here and now that Funfetti® is my son-in-law’s and all four of my grandsons’ favorite cake flavor.
Ingredients For White Peppermint® Funfetti Cake Balls
The full, printable recipe card is at the end of this post.
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- M&M’s® White Peppermint Chocolate Candies, hot chocolate candies & milk chocolate candies
- Vanilla candy coating (Candiquik)
- Chocolate candy coating (Candiquik)
How to Make White Peppermint Funfetti Cake Balls
Let’s get started making some White Peppermint Funfetti® Cake Balls. They’ll be the hit of your family gatherings and all your holiday parties. I’ve already received tons of compliments and requests for the recipe.
Preheat oven to 350º. Combine the cake mix, 1/2 cup oil, 3 eggs, and 1 cup milk. Mix according to package directions.
Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan and bake for 34-38 minutes.
Once the cake has cooled completely on a wire rack, crumble and mix with 3/4 of the Funfetti® frosting.
Melt the Vanilla Candy Coating
Melt the vanilla candy coating according to package directions and dip half of the cake balls into the candy mixture, covering completely.
I use a fork underneath the cake balls to dip. Immediately sprinkle with chopped M&M’s® Hot Chocolate & Milk Chocolate Candies.
Repeat with the remaining cake balls and the chocolate candy coating. Sprinkle with the chopped M&M’s® White Peppermint candies. Let dry on the foil-lined baking sheet.
White Peppermint Funfetti Cake Balls Recipe
Do you know what makes the holiday season even more special for my family? Being able to give back to families in our community that need a helping hand. We’ve always tried to teach our kids to live by the golden rule.
Feeding America Food Banks
More than 46.5 million Americans, including one in every six children, rely on Feeding America food banks each year. And milk is one of the most requested food items, but it’s also one of the least donated food items. ‘ll be the first to confess that I have never thought about donating milk before. My thoughts tend toward canned goods and non-perishables.
Please join me as I join Feeding America in The Great American Milk Drive. This is the first national program to help deliver nutrient-rich gallons of milk to families who need it the most. You can visit milklife.com/give and see how your small donation can go a long way to help hungry families.
You May Also Like These Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- White Chocolate Peppermint Mousse Pie (a beautiful holiday pie)
- Peppermint Candy Serving Tray
- Peppermint Candy Ornaments
- OREO Truffles
- Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting (3/4 of the container)
- 1/2 cup chopped M&M's® White Peppermint Chocolate Candies
- 1/2 cup chopped M&M's® Hot Chocolate Candies
- 1/2 cup chopped M&M's® Milk Chocolate Candies
- 1 (16 oz.) package vanilla candy coating (such as Candiquik)
- 1 (16 oz.) package chocolate candy coating
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine Pillsbury™ cake mix, milk, oil and eggs. Beat according to package directions.
- Bake for 34-38 minutes.
- Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake mix into a large bowl and spoon 3/4 of the vanilla frosting into the cake mix and stir until well combined.
- Scoop out small amounts of cake mixture and roll into balls. Place on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate the cake balls while heating the white candy bark according to directions on package.
- Dip half of the cake balls into the white candy coating. Sprinkle immediately with the chopped M&M's. Repeat with the chocolate candy coating and the rest of the cake balls.
- Let dry on the baking sheet.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop, 39MM (1.5 Tablespoon)
Log House Candiquik All Natural Vanilla Coating - 16 oz
Log House CandiQuik Candy Coating, Chocolate, 16 Ounce Package (Pack of 2)
Goodful 13"x9" Cake Pan
M&M Solid Milk Chocolate Candy - Hot Cocoa Flavored M&M's Christmas Candy - 8 Ounce - Pack of 3 (Hot Cocoa)
Pillsbury Holiday Funfetti Cake Mix and Icing Combo: Everything You Need to Make One Complete Christmas or Holiday Cake by Pillsbury
M&M'S Milk Chocolate Candy, 38-Ounce Party Size Bag
M&MS Seasonal Holiday White Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Candy Bulk Pack of 4 Bags - 7.44 oz Per Bag - 29.76 oz Total
Amount Per Serving Calories 143Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 17mgSodium 123mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 2g
Originally posted Nov. 2015, updated Nov. 2020