Air Fryer Jalapeño Bites are easy to make and so delicious. Cream cheese and Parmesan cheese are blended together with an egg and fresh, chopped Jalapeño peppers. The bites are rolled in bread crumbs and cooked in the air fryer or baked until golden.
I’m such a Jalapeño Popper lover, but sometimes I just want a little different take on my normal bacon-wrapped poppers.
You’ll Only Need 5 Ingredients To Make These Jalapeño Bites
(You can find the complete printable recipe card down below)
- cream cheese
- parmesan cheese
- chopped, seeded jalapeño peppers (about 2 medium-sized peppers)
- panko bread crumbs (or other dry breadcrumbs)
I like to use plain panko bread crumbs because they are made from white bread without the crusts. It absorbs less grease and stays crisp because of the light and airy texture.
If you remove all the seeds and membranes from the jalapeño peppers, Air Fryer Jalapeño Bites are not too spicy at all.
Also, I’m sharing how to bake or air fry the bites below. We will start with the baked version.
How To Make Baked Jalapeño Bites
You’ll want to soften the cream cheese at room temperature (about an hour). Meanwhile, seed and chop the jalapeño peppers and grate the parmesan cheese.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix the two kinds of cheese with the chopped jalapeño peppers and a beaten egg. The mixture will be very thick.
Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls or logs. Sometimes when I’m in a hurry, I use a small (about a Tablespoon) cookie scoop and just scoop up the mixture into larger balls or logs.
Add the bread crumbs to a plate and roll the bites in the breadcrumbs to cover completely. Place balls on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 350º for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
How To Make Air Fryer Jalapeño Bites
(This is my favorite way to make these bites!)
It will take several batches to cook them all. Preheat the air fryer at 390 for 10 minutes. Spray basket with cooking spray. Place the jalapeño bites in a single layer, leaving space between each ball. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Refrigerate the uncooked jalapeño bites while you’re air frying the bites in batches.
Note: I’ve made Jalapeño Bites both ways and I actually perfer the ones made in the air fryer. They crisp up better and are a beautiful golden brown.
When air frying, check often to make sure they don’t get too brown.
I like to serve Baked Jalapeño Bites with ranch dressing. Check out my homemade ranch dressing recipe!
If you’re looking for a delicious recipe for game day, this is it.
I Make Larger Bites Sometimes (Like In These Photos)
When I’m craving these bites, I’ll make a batch for my husband and me. I shape them into larger logs and cook them in the air fryer. It usually takes a little longer to get them golden brown.
I’ve been known to eat these for lunch or dinner. They are that good!
You May Also Like These Recipes
- Corn Dog Bites With Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Air Fryer Broccoli Cheese Bites
- Best Jalapeño Cornbread
- Jalapeño Fries
- Flamingo Grill Copycat Lobster Bites
Air Fryer Jalapeño Bites
Baked Jalapeño Bites are creamy on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz.) at room temperature
- 8 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-3 cups Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the air fryer at 390º F. for 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, chopped jalapeño peppers, and the beaten egg. The mixture will be very thick.
- Shape or scoop the mixture into 1" balls or logs.
- Spread the panko bread crumbs on a large plate. Roll the balls in the breadcrumbs and place on an ungreased baking pan.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the jalapeño bites in a single layer, leaving space between each ball. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Refrigerate the uncooked jalapeño bites while you're air frying the bites in batches.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
You can shape the Jalapeño Bites into logs if desired. If you make larger balls/logs, it takes longer to bake them until golden brown. Of course, you won't have as many bites.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 72Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 12mgSodium 193mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g