Easy-To-Make American Flag Cookie Cake begins with a sugar cookie mix. After baking, the cookie cake is topped with whipped vanilla frosting and fresh fruit.
Patriotic celebrations call for a pretty, delicious patriotic cake. This cookie cake is so easy to make and will be the hit of your party.
If you’re hosting a patriotic party, you need some shortcut recipes. This is one of those. The recipe serves 12 and you’ll love how easy this cookie cake is to make.
Ingredients You’ll Need For American Flag Cookie Cake
- Sugar Cookie Mix (17.5 oz.) – I use Betty Crocker
- unsalted butter
- whipped white frosting (2 cans)
- fresh blueberries
- fresh sliced strawberries
Steps For Making American Flag Cookie Cake (Full printable recipe card down below!)
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a 9×13 cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Add the sugar cookie mix, butter, and egg to a mixing bowl.
Blend with the paddle attachment until well incorporated.
Transfer dough to the parchment paper-lined rimmed cookie sheet and press evenly.
Poke the sugar cookie dough with a fork to ensure even baking.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Once cooled, spread a thin layer of canned frosting across the entire cookie.
To assemble the cookie cake, arrange the blueberries in the top left corner. Place the sliced strawberries overlapping in lines to look like the red stripes of the flag.
Place the leftover frosting in a gallon ziplock bag. Cut the corner of the bag and pipe in a zigzag motion in between the strawberries.
How To Store American Flag Cookie Cake
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You Will Also Love These Recipes
- How To Properly Display The American Flag
- Grilled Marinated Pork Chops
- Patriotic Party featuring Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies and more
- Red, White & Blue Trifle
- Red, White & Blue Cobbler
- 1 package Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix
- ½ cup sweet cream unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cans of whipped white frosting
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a 9x13 sheet cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sugar cookie mix, butter, and egg. Blend with the paddle attachment until well combined.
- Transfer the sugar cookie dough to the prepared pan and press the dough evenly.
- Poke the dough with the tines of a fork to ensure even baking.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, spread a thin layer of canned frosting across the entire cookie.
- Arrange the blueberries in the top left corner. Place sliced strawberries overlapping in lines to look like the red stripes of the flag
- Place leftover frosting in a gallon ziplock-type bag. Cut the corner of the bag and pipe in a zigzag motion in between the strawberries.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 89Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 28mgSodium 46mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 1g
Favorite Patriotic Party Decor
You can click on any photo below to shop straight from this post.