Chocolate Eclair Delight is a chocolate layered dessert featuring layers of graham crackers and pudding. A delicious chocolate mixture is spread over the top. The chocolate hardens slightly while it chills in the fridge. This is a favorite dessert at my house!
Last week I shared a twist on Chocolate Eclair Delight. I replaced the graham crackers with Milano milk chocolate cookies. I also left off the chocolate topping since the Milano cookies have chocolate inside. It’s delicious.
A sweet comment on the Milano Chocolate Eclair post asking me for the original recipe inspired me to make the original Chocolate Eclair Delight.
The person who commented wants to make it for her husband’s birthday. That’s so sweet! So, I made the dessert today (Saturday) for Sunday’s dessert so I could get it on the blog ASAP.
Chocolate Eclair is Perfect for Potlucks
Elaine, a sweet lady from church, always makes Chocolate Eclair Delight whenever we have a potluck. It’s become one of my favorite desserts over the years.
The chocolate topping is amazing on this layered dessert and I could eat it by the spoonfuls. There are never any leftovers when I make this for the family.
So, a big shout out to Elaine for sharing her recipe so I can share it with you. You’ll likely find variations of this recipe in southern church cookbooks. However, Elaine’s is my favorite.
Chocolate Eclair Delight
I always make the topping first and allow it to cool before layering this dessert. Mix together sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for exactly one minute. Set aside to cool.
Whisk together the vanilla pudding and milk according to pudding directions. Add whipped topping and vanilla.
Place a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of a 13×9 pan. Spread half of the pudding mixture over the crackers. Add another layer of crackers.
Spread remaining pudding over the graham crackers and top with another layer of crackers.
Pour the chocolate mixture over the top of the crackers. Refrigerate the chocolate eclair overnight.
Chocolate Eclair Delight
Chocolate Eclair Delight is a layered dessert featuring graham crackers, vanilla pudding and topped with a delicious chocolate mixture.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 package graham crackers
- 1 large package instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium sized saucepan, over medium-high heat, stir together the sugar, 1/4 cup milk, butter and cocoa. Bring to a boil and let boil for exactly one minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the vanilla pudding and 3 cups milk, until well combined and thickened. Fold in whipped topping and vanilla.
- In a 9x13x2 pan, place a single layer of graham crackers. Top with 1/2 of the pudding mixture. Place another layer of crackers. Top with remaining pudding mixture. Top with another layer of graham crackers. Pour slightly cooled chocolate mixture over the top layer of crackers.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 19mgSodium 89mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 0gSugar 17gProtein 2g
You May Also Like