Banana-less Pudding is a thing at my house. What? Banana Pudding Without Bananas? Yes, it’s a thing!
If you’ve tried my marshmallow cream frosting, then you know that Sunday desserts are centered around the grandkids.
Some time back, they informed me that although they like bananas and they adore pudding, they just don’t love the two together. So I axed those bananas and now we have banana-less pudding.
Also, before you read the recipe, I feel the need to explain why it’s so simple and so, so easy. Don’t hate me, but I don’t like made-from-scratch banana pudding.
Maybe I just haven’t had yours (wink, wink) but I think I must have had a very bad experience with a homemade banana pudding when I was a small child.
I once had a lady tell me that her mom made the best banana pudding in the world. When I saw what it looked like, there were no words in the English language to describe what it tasted like. It was warm and liquefied and . . . let’s just move on, shall we?
Anyway, I get requests for this recipe every single time someone tries it. It may be simple but the proof is in the pudding. 🙂
Simple Ingredients For Banana Pudding Without Bananas
- sugar-free vanilla instant pudding (I use sugar-free. Use the regular if you prefer)
- frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- vanilla wafers
How To Make Banana-Less Pudding
Mix vanilla pudding and milk with a wire whisk for 2 minutes. Add whipped topping and gently mix until well blended. Place a single layer of vanilla wafers on the bottom of a trifle dish or a 13×9 baking dish. Alternate with a layer of pudding mixture and wafers until all the pudding is gone.
Top with a single layer of vanilla wafers. Sprinkle the crumbs from the bottom of the vanilla wafer bag on top, if desired.
This pudding is so simple to make and it always gets rave reviews. I double the recipe when the entire family comes over for dinner.
Banana-less Pudding is an easy-to-make dessert that always gets rave reviews. Creamy vanilla pudding pairs perfectly with vanilla wafers.
- 1 large package (5.1 oz) sugar-free vanilla instant pudding (I use sugar-free. Use the regular if you prefer)
- 3 cups milk (or almond milk)
- 8 oz. frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- Mix vanilla pudding and milk with a wire whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add whipped topping and gently mix until well blended.
- Place a single layer of vanilla wafers on the bottom of a trifle dish or a 9x13 baking dish.
- Alternate wafers with a layer of pudding mixture until all the pudding is gone, ending with a layer of vanilla wafers on top.
- Sprinkle the crumbs from the bottom of the vanilla wafer bag over the top, if desired. Chill until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 110Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 6mgSodium 72mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 5gProtein 3g
You May Also Like These Delicious Recipes
Click the links below to get these amazing recipes!
Lime Cheesecake Pudding Parfaits