I took my mom’s delicious homemade barbecue sauce and added a few ingredients to create Coca Cola Barbecue Sauce. It’s a keeper for sure.
We always loved mom’s simple barbecue sauce. She would mix ketchup and mustard together, add a few shakes of this and a little of that and make the best sauce. She always added lots of black pepper. To this day, it’s my youngest daughter’s favorite sauce.
You can do so many things with barbecue sauce. Here are a few ways I use this delicious sauce.
- Grilled chicken
- Chicken wings
- Baked Beans
- Barbecue Sandwiches
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza (yes, it’s a thing!)
I love that this barbecue sauce is mild enough for the kids to eat yet flavorful enough for the entire family. Plus, it’s even better the day after you make it.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Coca Cola Barbecue Sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Coca-Cola (6 oz.)
- brown sugar
- Black pepper, to taste (we like lots of black pepper!)
- 1 small onion OR onion salt to taste
How To Make Coca Cola Barbecue Sauce
If you’re using onion, heat a saucepan over medium-low. Saute the diced onion in two Tablespoons of butter until softened but not brown.
Stir in the other ingredients and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
How To Store Homemade Barbecue Sauce
We rarely have any leftover barbecue sauce. If you do, store the leftover sauce in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- 2 Cups ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 oz. Coca-Cola
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, diced (or onion powder to taste)
- If using the onion, in a saucepan over medium heat, saute the diced onion in 2 tablespoons of butter until soft, but not browned.
- Stir in all of the other ingredients.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Amount Per Serving Calories 45Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 305mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 0gSugar 9gProtein 0g