Melting Snowman Sugar Cookies are adorable, delicious, and super-easy to make. These cookies will be the highlight of all your holiday parties!
The kids or grandkids will love to help make these sugar cookies. Because it begins with a sugar cookie mix, this is a simple and fun activity for kids. They will love decorating these snowman cookies!
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Melting Snowman Cookies
(You can find the full printable recipe at the end of this post!)
- Sugar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter
- Jumbo marshmallows
- powdered sugar
- light Karo syrup
- black gel food coloring
- orange gel food coloring
How To Make Melting Snowman Sugar Cookies
Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Prepare sugar cookies according to the package, mixing until well combined.
Using a cookie scoop, place 1-inch balls onto the baking pan.
Bake for 10-12 min or until the edges are golden brown.
While cookies cool, whisk together powdered sugar, Karo syrup, and water to make the icing.
Spoon icing onto cooled cookies to create a “melted” effect.
Cut the back corners off of the jumbo marshmallows.
On the front of the marshmallow, use black gel food coloring and a toothpick to draw the eyes and mouth of the snowman.
Using another toothpick, draw a carrot nose with orange gel food coloring.
Place marshmallow cut side down on an iced cookie.
Additional Garnishes (if you want to get fancy!)
You can add the following to the melting snowman if you want to dress him up even more!
- red licorice scarf
- M&M’s for “buttons”
- Draw stick arms in the “melted part of the snowman” with the black gel color
Even More Snowman Fun!
- Toilet Paper Roll Snowman
- How To Make An Adorable Snowman Centerpiece
- Crescent Roll Snowman Topped Cinnamon Rolls
- Simple Snowman Bookmark Craft
- Best Cheapo Faux Snow
- Sugar cookie mix (17.5 oz.)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 24 Jumbo marshmallows
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons light Karo syrup
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Black Gel food coloring
- Orange Gel food coloring
- Line a baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- Prepare sugar cookies according to the package instructions.
- Using a cookie scoop, place 1-inch balls on the baking pan.
- Bake for 10-12 min or until the edges are golden brown.
- While the cookies cool, make the icing by whisking together the powdered sugar, Karo syrup, and water.
- Spoon icing onto cooled cookies to create a “melted” effect.
- Cut the back corner off of the jumbo marshmallows.
- On the front of the marshmallow, use black food coloring and a toothpick to draw the eyes and mouth of the snowman.
- Using another toothpick, draw a carrot nose with orange food coloring.
- Place marshmallows cut side down, on each iced cookie.
Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix was used to make these cookies.
Amount Per Serving Calories 109Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 18mgSodium 45mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 15gProtein 1g