Many thanks to Mezzetta for sponsoring this post. Baked Spaghetti has layers of flavorful marinara meat sauce, two kinds of cheese, roasted bell peppers, and chopped kalamata olives. It’s a family favorite.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas and I adore the holiday season. It’s probably because my mom and dad always made a big deal out of this special holiday.
I remember one particular Christmas morning when I was about 8 or 9 years old. Santa had come and gone and left behind a sleigh full of toys including a bike with that coveted banana seat and streamers cascading from the handlebars.
That was also the year I also received a new pair of roller skates and a wallet with my birthstone and name engraved on the front. I was in Christmas heaven.
As my sister and I began to lace up our skates I could barely hear my mom’s voice over the noise of my brothers pulling on their cowboy boots, hats, and strapping on their six-shooter cap guns as they prepared to take on the wild west of South Georgia.
Mom was trying to tell my sister and me that we had each overlooked one gift. When we heard the word gift, skates were put aside and we bounded back to that beautiful, scratchy cedar tree we had cut down and decorated a few weeks earlier. Presents? No presents here.
Thus began a game of hot, cold. I recall searching high and low until finally, we saw our new watches dangling from the tree looking like bright, shiny ornaments. I’ll never forget that day.
Of course, Christmas was not entirely about the presents. We were taught from an early age the true meaning of Christmas and we always looked forward to visits from our relatives and lots of good food.
Easy Baked Spaghetti
Speaking of hot, this is one of my favorite recipes to make during the Christmas season. Your kids will enjoy my easy Baked Spaghetti. This dish is a favorite with my entire family.
This recipe calls for chopped kalamata olives. If your family doesn’t care for them, feel free to omit the olives.
Easy Baked Spaghetti Ingredients At A Glance
- ground chuck
- Mezzetta pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- roasted bell peppers
- Mezzetta marinara sauce
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
What To Serve With Baked Spaghetti
When I make baked spaghetti, I add garlic bread and a fresh, green salad. If I’m serving dessert, I’ll make easy Tiramisu Parfaits.
The Mezzetta Brand
Did you know that Mezzetta has been family owned since 1935? The fourth generation of the Mezzetta family is continuing the commitment to bring their customers the highest quality foods available.
They source the finest fresh produce from California, Italy, Spain, France, and Greece and prepare them according to their Italian family recipes in the Napa Valley.
Check Out More Delicious Recipes
- Slow Cooker Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- Easy Baked Chicken Spaghetti
- Speedy Portobello Mushroom Spaghetti
- Shrimp Scampi Over Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta roasted bell peppers
- 1 (25 oz.) jar Mezzetta homestyle marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions. Do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, brown ground chuck and drain. Add the chopped olives, roasted red peppers, and marinara sauce. Stir to combine.
- In a lightly greased 8 x 8" baking pan, spoon in half the meat mixture, 1/2 the mozzarella, and a sprinkling of Parmesan.
- Add all of the spaghetti on top of the cheese mixture. Top with the remaining meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
When I have company I double this recipe and bake it in a 9 x 13 pan for 45 minutes to an hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mezzetta Pitted Imported Greek Kalamata Olives 2 Jars 10oz/269g Each
Mezzetta Pepper Bell Red Rstd
Mezzetta Pepper Bell Red Rstd
Anchor Hocking 8-InchSquare Glass Baking Dish with TrueFit Cherry Lid -
Tuscanini Authentic Italian Spaghetti Pasta 16oz (4 Pack) Made with Premium Durum Wheat
Mezzetta Homestyle Marinara Sauce (6x24.5oz )
Amount Per Serving Calories 401Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 86mgSodium 403mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 30g
Originally published Dec. 2014 – updated Dec. 2020