Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies are soft and chewy with crispy edges and a pumpkin spice sugar coating! The entire family will love these delicious cookies.
Pumpkin spice season is right around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with pumpkin spice snickerdoodle cookies? These cookies are the perfect combination of classic Snickerdoodle and a classic fall flavor, making them a must-try for any pumpkin spice lover.
Ingredients You’ll Need (full printable recipe card down below!)
Note: Most Snickerdoodle recipes call for cream of tartar. I do not use cream of tartar in this recipe. Instead, I use baking soda and the cookies turn out amazing every single time.
You will need the following pantry ingredients to make Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies:
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- pumpkin puree
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- pumpkin pie spice
Supplies and Baking Equipment You’ll Need
- Spoon or Standing Mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
How Long Does It Take To Make Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies?
It should take approximately 20 minutes to gather ingredients and mix up the cookie dough. Add an additional 30 minutes for the dough to chill in the refrigerator. Or, you can mix up the cookie dough the night before and store the dough in the refrigerator overnight.
It takes about 10-16 minutes (according to cookie size) baking time per cookie sheet.
How To Store Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies
Store the cookies in an air-tight container in your fridge or on the kitchen counter for up to seven days.
Tips For Making These Cookies
1. Gather all ingredients and prepare pans ahead of time.
2. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
3. A level cookie scoop will make a regular size cookie and a level ice cream scoop will make a large cookie.
4. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheets to complete baking.
You Can Use A Tablespoon Cookie Scoop or Go Bigger
This is what the cookies look like once they are baked.
You’ll Also Love These Recipes!
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Easy Spice Bars With Cream Cheese Topping
- Over 40 Pumpkin Recipes
- 2-Ingredient Cinnamon Roll Apple Pies
- Pumpkin Cake Roll
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. With a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together for two minutes on high speed. Add vanilla, pumpkin puree, and egg and beat for one minute on medium-high.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix on low speed until just incorporated.
- Place batter in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or overnight) to let the dough rest.
- To make the rolling sugar: In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. With a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop cookie dough and form it into balls. Roll in the sugar mixture and place on a cookie sheet, pressing down slightly. If using a tablespoon, bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. If using an ice cream scoop, bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
You can use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to form the cookie dough balls before baking. If you want to make oversized cookies, use an ice cream scoop and bake the cookies longer (about 14-16 minutes).
Snickerdoodle Cookies are done when the edges are golden brown and the top is slightly cracked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 168Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 23mgSodium 168mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 2g