Red Velvet Truffles are a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. These cake balls are made with a cake mix and are coated in a creamy white chocolate shell. They are perfect for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or any time you want to impress your guests with a sweet treat.
The process of making Red Velvet Truffles is simple and can be done in just a few steps. All you need is a cake mix, cream cheese, and white chocolate chips.
The cake mix is prepared according to the package instructions and mixed with cream cheese to form a dough. The dough is then rolled into balls and dipped in melted white chocolate. The result is a delicious bite-sized dessert that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Red Velvet Truffles are a tasty way to add a pop of color to your dessert table. They are also a fun and easy activity to do with kids.
With their vibrant red color and creamy white chocolate coating, they are sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them. So next time you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert, try making Red Velvet Truffles and enjoy the delicious taste of cake in a bite-sized form.
Red Velvet Truffles are a delicious treat that can be made with simple ingredients that are easily accessible. The following are the ingredients required to make these cake balls:
- Red velvet cake mix
- Cake mix ingredients (water, oil, eggs)
- Cream cheese softened to room temperature
- Almond bark or white chocolate candy melts
- Festive sprinkles
Step-By-Step Preparation Process (Full Printable Recipe Card Down Below!)
It’s so easy to use a red velvet cake mix to make delicious Red Velvet Truffles.
Follow the package directions to prepare the cake batter.
Pour into a 9×13 baking pan. Bake according to box instructions. Let cool completely before moving to the next step.
Once the cake has cooled to room temperature, remove the crisp outer edges of the cake and discard. (My husband loves the edges of a cake, so I don’t discard them.) 🙂
In a large mixing bowl, crumble the rest of the cake into small pieces.
Add the softened cream cheese and mix until a dough has formed. The easiest way to do this part is with your hands.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Scoop the cake mixture into balls (about two tablespoons per ball) and place on the baking pan.
Once the balls are rolled, place them in the freezer to chill for at least 30 minutes. This will make them easier to handle when it’s time to dip them in chocolate.
To create a chocolate shell, melt the white chocolate in a microwave. Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat at 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth.
Dip each cake ball into the white chocolate. Tap off excess chocolate. Place back on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
For an extra touch of flavor, sprinkle with festive sprinkles. You can also garnish with extra red velvet crumbs or a white chocolate drizzle before the chocolate sets.
Let harden at room temperature or place back in the freezer for a few minutes to harden.
Storing Red Velvet Truffles
When it comes to storing Red Velvet Truffles, it is important to keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator since they contain cream cheese. This will prevent them from drying out and will also help to maintain their flavor.
Wax paper or parchment paper can be used to separate the truffles and prevent them from sticking together.
If the truffles need to be stored for an extended period of time, they can be wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in a freezer bag. This will keep them fresh for up to two months.
When ready to serve, simply remove them from the freezer and allow them to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Tips and Tricks
Making Red Velvet Truffles with a cake mix is a great way to create a fun and delicious treat that is perfect for Valentine’s Day or any occasion. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the perfect batch of truffles.
- Use a high-quality cake mix: The cake mix is the foundation of your truffles, so it’s important to use a high-quality mix. Look for a mix that has a rich, chocolaty flavor and a deep red color.
- Cream Cheese: Adding cream cheese to the cake mix will give your truffles a creamy texture and a tangy flavor that compliments the sweetness of the cake.
- Chill after rolling into balls: Once you’ve rolled the cake mixture into balls, chill the mixture in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. This will make it easier to roll the truffles into balls.
- Use a small cookie scoop: A small cookie scoop is the perfect tool for making uniform truffles. It will help you create balls that are the same size, which will make them easier to dip in the chocolate.
- Dip the truffles in chocolate: Once you’ve rolled the truffles into balls, dip them in melted chocolate. Use a fork to lift them out of the chocolate and tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate.
You’ll Also Love These Recipes!
- 1 Red velvet cake mix
- Cake mix ingredients (water, oil, eggs)
- 10 oz cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz almond bark OR white chocolate candy melts
- Festive sprinkles
- Prepare the red velvet cake following the box instructions. Bake in a 9x13 pan as per box instructions. Allow to cool completely before moving to the next step.
- Remove the crisp outer edges of the cake and discard. In a large mixing bowl, crumble the rest of the cake into small pieces. Add the softened cream cheese and mix (easiest with hands) until a dough has formed.
- Scoop the cake mixture into balls (about 2 Tablespoonfuls of cake mixture per ball) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 30 minutes or until hardened.
- Place the white chocolate in a bowl and heat, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Dip each cake ball into the white chocolate and tap off any excess chocolate. Place back onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. If desired, garnish with white chocolate drizzle and festive sprinkles. You can also garnish with extra cake crumbs.
- Place back into the freezer for a few minutes to allow the white chocolate to set or let harden at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving Calories 260Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 26mgSodium 199mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 7g