This recipe, Strawberry Bread with Powdered Sugar Glaze, makes two loaves of bread. The fresh strawberries add flavor to this bread and the optional glaze takes it over the top.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Strawberry season is the perfect time to make Strawberry Bread. During the spring, I can’t get enough of my favorite berries. From strawberry shortcake to strawberry pie, I’m always looking for ways to use these delicious berries.
Of course, I like to eat fresh strawberries all by themselves. When I’m craving something more, this is my go-to recipe.
Since I have a large family, I like that this recipe makes two (9×5″ each) loaves of bread. If you don’t have a large family, make one for your family and give the other loaf to a neighbor.
If you need to grab some loaf pans, these are my favorites.
Strawberry Bread Ingredients
- Diced Fresh Strawberries
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Soda & Salt
- Chopped Pecans
I love to add a glaze made with milk and powdered sugar to top this bread, once it’s cooled. Of course, the glaze is completely optional. Sometimes, instead of pouring the glaze over the bread, I serve it on the side when I slice the bread. That way, guests can help themselves.
Also, if you don’t have fresh strawberries on hand, you can use frozen, thawed strawberries – no sugar added. If you do use frozen strawberries, make sure you drain and chop them once they are thawed.
Helpful Hint: Toss the diced strawberries in two tablespoons of all-purpose flour before you add them to the batter. It will help keep them from sinking to the bottom.
If You Like This Strawberry Bread, You Will Also Love These Recipes
- Best Spring Desserts and Parties
- Mom’s Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Chocolate Strawberry Semifreddo
- Cheese Ring Appetizer With Strawberry Preserves
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
How To Store Strawberry Bread
You can store this bread in a sealed ziplock type bag at room temperature for up to three days.
If you want to freeze this bread, freeze without the glaze. Make sure the bread is completely cooled. Double wrap the bread in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups oil
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 2-1/2 cups diced strawberries (plus 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour for coating the strawberries before adding them to the batter)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease and flour two 9" loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil and eggs and mix well. Fold in strawberries (tossed with flour) and nuts.
- Pour batter evenly into the two prepared loaf pans. Bake at 350º F. for one hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Remove the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together 2 cups powdered sugar and 4 Tablespoons milk. Pour over the top of the cooled loaves or serve on the side. Garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired.