Do you love to ski? I’m sharing all my tips on how to save money on a winter ski trip.
I remember the first time we took the kids on a winter ski trip. It was a big deal for me because we live in the south and skiing is not the norm. Since then, I’ve learned how to save money when planning a ski trip.
My family enjoys skiing in the North Carolina mountains, but we wanted to broaden our ski experience by taking a holiday road trip to a ski resort in Maine.
The forecasted snowstorm never materialized, but we did get a couple of beautiful snow showers and lots of cold weather. The food in Maine is beyond delicious and we hope to go back again one day.
How to Save Money When Planning a Winter Ski Trip
- Ditch the plane and take a road trip – Obviously, this will save you some serious money and you don’t have to pay to check your bags.
- Reserve ski rentals in advance – Because we don’t own skis, this is a must for my family. It saves money and you’ll find great deals. You can also save on lift tickets by reserving in advance.
- Purchase your ski/winter clothing from Sierra. Winter clothing can be expensive and Sierra Trading Post has everything I need for the entire family. (You can shop straight from this post. I’ve listed my favorites at the end so just click a pic to shop.)
Usually, you’ll find me in the ski lodge sipping on hot cocoa, reading a good book, and trying to get a glimpse of my family as they enjoy skiing.
That doesn’t mean I don’t want to look fashionable and if people want to think that I just came from the slopes to take a little break, that’s fine with me.
I don’t wear bulky clothing and this jacket from Sierra is thin, waterproof, and insulated – just the way I like it.
My favorite ski pants are also thin, insulated, and waterproof. Did I mention that they’re also fashionable?
Clothing for kids can be expensive. Sierra has top brands and saves me money since they offer a wide selection.
Sierra is also a great place to shop for Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers. I’m making my list and checking it twice.
Do you have a winter ski trip planned?
Ski Clothing I Love
Check out these clothing options below if you’re planning a winter ski trip. As an associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Just click the pic to shop!
You May Also Like These Posts!
- Healthy Winter Breakfast Ideas
- Shopping Steals and Deals
- 5 Fun Road Trip Apps
- How To Beat The Winter Blues
- 7 Easy Ways to Get Healthy After Vacation
- Top 5 Soup Recipes
Originally published in October 2016 and updated (old/bad links removed, etc.) in August 2021