Air Fryer Salmon is crispy on the outside and tender and moist on the inside.
In the past, we’ve (meaning my husband) always grilled salmon and it’s delicious. One day, it was cool and rainy and I decided to try cooking salmon in the air fryer. To be frank, I was kinda nervous because fresh salmon is not cheap and I didn’t want to overcook it.
I was amazed when the salmon filets turned out perfectly cooked! Naturally, I had to share how easy it is to cook salmon in the air fryer.
Salmon happens to be one of my favorite foods and I’m kind of a salmon snob. I’m not a snob in real life. I simply refuse to buy frozen, thin slices of salmon from the grocery store. Since we have the best fishmonger in the world nearby, we always buy fresh, beautiful salmon filets.
Ingredients At A Glance (Full Recipe Card With Instructions Is Down Below)
- 2 Fresh Salmon Filets – you can certainly double this recipe! I didn’t weigh the salmon filets but I’m guessing they are about 7 oz. each.
- Olive Oil – Just a little to drizzle over the salmon before cooking
- Salt and Pepper To Taste – I love pepper so I usually use more than normal.
- Garlic powder – just a dash
- Paprika – just a sprinkle
What To Serve With Air Fryer Salmon
Even More Side Dish Suggestions
- Sauteed Green Beans
- Skillet Brussels Sprouts (I buy frozen skillet green beans and they are delish!)
- Sauteed Spinach
- Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- French Fries
- Baked potato
Tips On Air Frying Salmon
Try to buy salmon filets that are the same size.
Don’t rinse the salmon before cooking.
Leave the skin on! The skin will get crispy and it’s perfectly okay to eat the skin.
Preheat the air fryer.
Season the salmon just before cooking. Then drizzle with a little bit of olive oil.
Cook the salmon skin side down in the air fryer. You don’t have to flip the filets when using an air fryer.
Cooking time will vary between 8-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the filets). My husband likes his cooked for 12 minutes.
Don’t crowd the basket. You don’t want soggy fish. If you’re cooking more than two filets, you will probably need to cook in batches.
How To Tell When Air Fryer Salmon Is Done
In my opinion, salmon is best when it’s cooked medium. My husband strongly disagrees and prefers his salmon completely done in the middle. So I remove my salmon from the air fryer a couple of minutes before removing his.
Salmon should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145º F in the thickest part of the filet. An instant-read thermometer is the best way to check the temperature.
Using a fork, salmon should flake easily.
How To Store Leftover Salmon
Air Fryer Salmon is best eaten as soon as it’s cooked, but if you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to two days.
More Delicious Recipes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon
- Honey Glazed Roasted Salmon and Veggies
- Grilled Salmon Quinoa Bowl
- Sweet and Spicy Grilled Salmon Bruschetta
- Air Fryer French Fries
- 2 salmon filets - 6 oz. each
- Drizzle of olive oil (about a tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF.
- Season the salmon filets with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the salmon filets in the air fryer, skin side down.
- Air fry for 8 minutes and check for doneness. Cook for a couple of minutes longer if necessary.
Salmon is done when an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 145ºF.
I like salmon that has been cooked to medium. If you like salmon completely done all the way through, cook a couple of minutes longer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 355Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 107mgSodium 252mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 38g