Skip buying ranch seasoning packets from the store. It’s so easy to make your own flavorful Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix at home.
This seasoning mix has a bold flavor. It’s great for making creamy dips and dressings. It also makes a wonderful seasoning for chicken, potatoes, and so much more!
Ranch dressing is a favorite at my house and homemade is so much better than bottled dressing. We use homemade Ranch dressing on salads and as a dipping sauce so I always have it on hand.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix (full printable recipe card down below!)
- Dry Milk (powdered milk)
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Dill
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Dried Chives
How To Make Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
This is the easiest mix to put together. Measure all the ingredients.
Once you have all of your spices measured out, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Store in an airtight container.
Tips For Making and Storing Dry Ranch Mix
- The dried green spices tend to separate from the rest of the ingredients. That’s ok, just give it a good stir before using it each time.
- Use just like the store-bought seasoning ranch packets.
- Adjust to your own taste. That’s the best thing about making your own. Want more chives? Throw them in there! Want a little less garlic powder, no problem, adjust it down a bit. In other words, adjust it to meet your perfect preferences.
- Be sure to store the mix in an airtight container in a cool, dry area such as a pantry.
You will love these recipes, too:
- Jalapeno Fries With Homemade Ranch Dressing Dip
- Easy Air Fryer French Fries
- Hamburger Hobos
- Best Cheese Ball Recipes
- Best Bulk Pancake Mix
- ½ Cup Powdered Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Dill
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Chives
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in a dry cabinet or pantry for two months.
- Use Two Tablespoons of homemade seasoning mix in place of one packet of store-bought ranch mix.
- To make ranch dressing, whisk two Tablespoons of the homemade seasoning mix with one cup of milk and one cup of mayonnaise.
- The dried green spices will separate from the rest of the ingredients. Give it a good stir before using it each time.
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix can be used just like store-bought seasoning ranch packets.
- Adjust to your own tastes. That’s the best thing about making your own. Want more chives? Throw them in there! If you want a little less garlic powder, no problem, adjust it down a bit. In other words, adjust it to meet your preferences.
- Store in a cool, dry place so that it won't clump together.
Amount Per Serving Calories 22Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1mgSodium 158mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 2g