Coffee cake is probably my favorite type of cake. The tenderness of the cake and the crunchy streusel on top is the best breakfast, brunch, or dessert. Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake hits all the notes for the best ever coffee cake.
To me, the perfect breakfast includes a nice cup of decaf (click to read about my coffee experience) and a big chunk of Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake. Pick some fresh blueberries and make this cake. You’ll be glad you did.
Helpful Hint: Planning a summer brunch? Skip the muffins and serve this instead. Your brunch will be the talk of the town!
Health Benefit of Blueberries
When it comes to health benefits, blueberries rule! Blueberries are believed to have the highest antioxidant levels of all fruits and vegetables. Eating blueberries every single day is not a bad idea!
Other benefits of eating blueberries include:
- Skin health
- Maintaining healthy bones
- Protection against heart disease
- Improves mental health
- Protects against obesity and diabetes
Ways to Incorporate More Blueberries Into Your Diet
My Blueberry Coffee Cake is my favorite way to eat blueberries, but I can’t eat cake every day. I wish I could! Here are more ways to add blueberries to your diet.
- Fruit Salad
- Add to yogurt
Of course, eating a handful of blueberries as a snack is the number one way to eat blueberries.
Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake Ingredients
To make this blueberry streusel coffee cake, you’ll need the following ingredients. (The complete recipe is down below)
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Egg, beaten
- Fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- Chopped pecans
The streusel topping is the reason I love coffee cakes. For the Streusel Topping, you’ll need:
Sugar, all-purpose flour, and butter.
Topping the coffee cake with a powdered sugar glaze is optional. Sometimes I add a glaze and top the cake with fresh blueberries.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
- Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Key Lime Loaf With Key Lime Glaze
- 25 Delicious Starbuck Coffee Recipes
- How To Make Chicken Marsala
- Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake With Lemon Glaze
- Yummy Carolina Skillet Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add egg, milk, and butter; beat well. Fold in blueberries and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 9" square baking pan. In another bowl, combine sugar and flour; cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, place the powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Slowly stir in the milk, a little at a time, to make a smooth, pourable glaze. Drizzle over coffee cake.