Key Lime Loaf is a tender cake made with fresh lime juice, lime zest, and finished with a lime glaze. Can you ever have too much lime flavor? I think not.
I’m also sharing some of the items I used to make this loaf. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can call this a key lime loaf or key lime quick bread or key lime cake. Whatever you call it, you’ll love it. My family sure does.
I call this a loaf because it’s made in a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan. My loaf pan has been getting a real workout lately. I’ve made strawberry bread and lemon bread within the last two weeks.
I’ve also made the best churros but you don’t need a loaf pan for that. 🙂
Key Lime Loaf Ingredients
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this loaf.
- Butter (I use unsalted)
- Key Lime Juice (Or regular lime juice)
- Key Lime Zest
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
For the glaze, you’ll need more key lime juice and powdered sugar.
What is the difference between key limes and other limes?
Key Limes are much smaller and the juice is bold and more aromatic. Key limes are thin and more yellow than regular limes. It takes longer to squeeze key limes because they are so small. It takes about 5 key limes to equal the juice of one regular lime.
Can I substitute regular limes for key limes?
Yes! I do it all the time. Sometimes I can’t find key limes and I just use the Persian (what I call regular) limes and they work just fine.
Helpful Hint: If you don’t have a 9″x5″ loaf pan, this loaf pan is my favorite. And this is the stand mixer I’ve been using for over 20 years. Yep, I’ve had the same mixer all these years.
You May Also Like These Recipes
- Almond Sugar Cookie Tart With Mixed Fruit
- Frozen Margarita Mocktails
- Best Ever Key Lime Pie (Joe’s Stone Crab Copycat Recipe)
- 15 Unique Key Lime Pies
- Tropical Slush Punch
Key Lime Loaf With Key Lime Glaze
Key Lime Loaf is a tender cake packed with lime flavor and covered in a key lime glaze.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon key lime zest
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 Tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Beat in lime juice and zest.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture alternately with the milk.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan. Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a baking rack. Remove bread and cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients. If the glaze is too thick add more lime juice. If it's too thin, add a little more powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
Drizzle cooled loaf with glaze or serve the glaze on the side.
Amount Per Serving Calories 316Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 63mgSodium 169mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 1gSugar 31gProtein 4g