Cream Cheese Pineapple Pie is delicious and highlights my favorite flavors – crushed pineapple, cream cheese, and pecans. This is a favorite recipe that always receives rave reviews.
In my opinion, cream cheese makes everything better. When you combine it with pineapple and pecans, it’s definitely a winner.
How To Soften Cream Cheese
I have so many dessert recipes that call for cream cheese. You just can’t beat a good cream cheese frosting.
Softening cream cheese is simple. You just take it out of the fridge and let soften for 30 minutes. Sometimes, I completely forget. When I do, these are ways I hasten the softening process:
- Microwave it! Take the cream cheese out of the foil wrapping and place it on a paper or microwave-safe plate. Heat for 20 seconds at 50% power. It should feel soft, but not hot. Repeat the process if needed.
- Slice the cream cheese in very thin layers. It will come to room temperature quickly when it’s sliced into smaller pieces.
Don’t let the cream cheese sit out too long once it’s softened. It can spoil. Once the cream cheese is at room temperature, use it as quickly as possible.
Note: Never leave cream cheese at room temperature for more than two hours.
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Pineapple Pie
You’ll find the recipe card at the end of the post. Here is a list of ingredients you’ll need to make the pie:
- Crushed Pineapple
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
- Chopped Pecans
- Unbaked Pie Shell
To make this pie, sugar, cornstarch and crushed pineapple (with juice) are simmered until the mixture is thick and clear. Let the mixture cool before adding it to the other ingredients.
Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, and salt. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
Spoon the cooled pineapple mixture evenly over the bottom of an uncooked pie shell.
Pour the cream cheese mixture over the pineapple mixture.
Sprinkle pecans over the top.
Bake at 400º for 10 minutes. Lower the heat to 325º and bake for 50 minutes. Cool before serving.
I use a purchased frozen pie shell to make this pie. You can also make your own. Here is a good recipe for a homemade pie crust.
Note: The pie may puff up during baking. It will settle back down once it cools. Cracking may occur. Mine usually has a few cracks in it. I don’t care. I just go with it.
You May Also Like
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Pineapple Cheese Ball
- Peggy’s Pineapple Pudding
- Pineapple Mango Bowl
- Upside Down Apple Pie
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened to room temp.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a small saucepan, combine pineapple, including the juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is thick and clear. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, and salt. Beat until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. With the mixer on low, blend in the milk and vanilla.
- Spread cooled pineapple mixture over the bottom of the pie shell. Pour cream cheese mixture over the pineapple mixture. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400º F. Reduce heat to 325º F. and bake for 50 minutes. Cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 69mgSodium 445mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 1gSugar 37gProtein 5g