When life hands you overripe bananas, make easy banana bread! I’m sure you have a favorite banana bread recipe that you always use. So did I. But I think I like this one even better.
You dump all the ingredients in one bowl. Gently mix it all together. Pour it in the greased loaf pan. Bake it. This Easy Banana Bread is so easy to make.
My husband said it was better than the recipe I’ve been using forever. It’s an easy banana bread that is really moist.
You can see the glaze seeping into the bread in the photo below. Of course, this banana bread is perfectly good without the glaze but I have a thing for glazes.
Easy Banana Bread With Lemon Glaze
For added flavor, I always top it with a simple lemon glaze. I was out of lemons when I made this easy banana bread, so I added just a dash of pure lemon extract to a cup (I guesstimated) of powdered sugar. Add a couple of tablespoons of milk and whisk it all together.
If it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar. If it’s too thick, add more milk. You can’t mess it up.
I use almond milk to make the glaze because I love almond milk. If you don’t like the taste of almond milk, use regular milk.
Tips for Making Easy Banana Bread
These tips will help you make the best banana bread.
- Use overripe bananas
- Don’t overmix the ingredients
- Don’t overbake the bread – Start checking for doneness 10 minutes before the bread should be done. When a few moist crumbs stick to a toothpick, the bead is done.
How To Store Banana Bread
Keep banana bread moist by storing in an airtight container, plastic wrap or foil. Freshly baked banana bread will last for about 2 days when stored at room temperature. If kept in the refrigerator, banana bread will last about a week.
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice OR 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until almost smooth.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the egg, sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into loaf pan and bake for approx. 1 hour. Check at 50 minutes. When a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs, it's done.
- Let rest in the pan on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes. Remove bread from the pan. Serve with lemon glaze, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 256Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 29mgSodium 165mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 1gSugar 29gProtein 3g
You May Also Like