This post, Orange Blossoms, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PurelySimple #CollectiveBias
When you think about the ultimate dessert, what’s the first flavor that pops into your mind? For me, it’s always citrus. Add a little lemon, lime or orange to my cake and I’m all over it. Top it off with a citrus glaze and it’s as good as it gets for this girl. If you’re a cupcake lover like me, you’ll love my best cupcake recipes.
Helpful Hint: Before you make my Orange Blossoms, pop a piece of gum in your mouth. That way you won’t be tempted to scarf down the tiny little bit of batter that’s leftover OR lick the glaze bowl. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
These delicious little cakes are perfect any time of the year and for any occasion – from showers to birthday parties – and everything in between.
The recipe makes 48 mini cakes, so there’s plenty for you and plenty to share. And it’s probably one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever make because it begins with a cake mix.
To make my Orange Blossoms, add 1 cup milk, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup softened butter, 1/2 tsp. orange (or vanilla if you don’t have orange) extract and 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix. Mix together for two minutes and bake at 350º for 12 minutes.
Orange Juice Glaze For Orange Blossoms
I make the orange juice infused glaze while the Orange Blossoms are baking so I can dip them as soon as they are not too hot to handle.
I could jump mouth first into this glaze (keep chewing that gum)!
Dip and cover as much of the mini cupcakes as you can.
Let dry for about an hour and store in airtight containers. That’s it!
These little orange blossoms are so good!
- 1 Pillsbury Purely Simple White Cake Mix (17 oz.)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup softened butter OR vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- 3-1/2 oz. package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- Zest of one orange
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray mini muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Combine first six ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat well with an electric mixer for two minutes.
- Spoon batter into mini muffin cups, filling each muffin tin halfway.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Turn out onto a kitchen towel
- Sift the powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Add orange juice concentrate, orange zest, vegetable oil, and water. Mix well with a spoon until smooth.
- Dip each cupcake into the glaze, covering as much of the cupcake as possible.
- Place on wire racks. Let the glaze set for about an hour.
- Store in airtight containers.
Amount Per Serving Calories 76Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 17mgSodium 57mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 1g
As soon as the glaze has set, pour a tall glass of milk and enjoy one (or three) of the fruits of your labors. You deserve it.
If you’re looking for a dessert that all your friends and families will love, you’ve got to make my Orange Blossoms. Here are more great recipes: