When it comes to baking, I like easy! How about you? I admit that I sometimes make complicated desserts. I once made an amazing Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake I saw on the cover of Southern Living. It took two days to make. I don’t mean two whole days, but there are many steps and some of the steps have to be done the day before. When all was said and done, it was worth every minute. However, this Easy Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is a breeze to make. I promise!
This recipe also comes from my cousin, Dixie. She’s the one who gave me the Pecan Cobbler recipe that went crazy viral on FB back in September. I don’t know if she created this recipe herself or if it’s been handed down from her mom. I do know that I tasted this Chocolate Chip Cheesecake at a family reunion and it was love at first bite.
The beauty of this take on cheesecake is that it all starts with two packs of chocolate chip cookie dough. It makes a large dessert and is perfect for serving when you’re entertaining family and friends.
Dixie uses two rolls of chocolate chip cookie dough, but I always change things up a bit.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Press one package of cookie dough evenly onto the bottom of the dish. I let the cookie dough soften for about 15 minutes at room temperature before pressing into the baking dish.
Beat the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
Pour cream cheese mixture over the cookie dough and bake at 350º for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven.
Carefully, place the cookies from the remaining package of cookie dough on top of the partially baked cheesecake. Return to oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Helpful Hint: The cookie dough I use is already cut into squares. It’s best to cut them into smaller squares or pinch the squares in half before placing on the partially cooked cheesecake. I was in a hurry when I made these to show you how it’s done and I didn’t cut the squares into smaller pieces. Oops! So, I had to cook it longer. Don’t be like me. Cut or pinch the cookie dough into smaller squares. 🙂
Cool and then refrigerate until time to serve. Cut into squares to serve.
- 2 (18-oz.) packages refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (I use Toll House)
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray a 9 x 13 x 2-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Press one package of cookie dough evenly onto the bottom of the baking dish. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the cookie dough in the baking dish and bake at 350º for 12 minutes. Remove the cookie dough/cream cheese mixture from oven.
- Cut the remaining package of cookie dough into smaller squares and place on top of the partially baked cheesecake. Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes OR until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into squares to serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious dessert, this Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is it.