This Festive White Cake with Raspberry Sauce is delicious all year round, but I really enjoy making it during the holidays because it’s so pretty.
I actually found fresh raspberries at my local, small-town grocery store. It’s a miracle! You can also use frozen raspberries in this recipe.
This cake is so easy to make because it begins with a white cake mix. You can see how I amp up the flavor of cake mixes here.
If you need a festive cake for a holiday potluck or when cooking a special meal for the family, this is the cake. It bakes in a 9x13x2 pan. Once it’s cool, frost it and serve it with the raspberry sauce.
Ingredients For White Cake With Raspberry Sauce
(The full, printable recipe is down below)
- white cake mix
- heavy whipping cream, whipped
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- strawberry glaze (14 ounces)
- fresh OR frozen raspberries
Let’s Make a Festive White Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Bake the cake according to the directions on the package.
Helpful Hint: Once the cake has cooled, whip the heavy whipping cream. Be sure and leave the whipping cream in the fridge until ready to whip.
Whip until stiff peaks form – about 6-7 minutes. You don’t want to overwhip or under-whip. If you overwhip, you’ll make butter! I won’t reinvent how to whip cream, so you can read all about it here.
After beating the cream cheese and powdered sugar, fold in the whipped cream and spread over the cooled cake. Store in the fridge until time to serve.
Right before serving, gently combine the raspberries with water and strawberry glaze.
I find the glaze in the produce department of my local grocery store. Ain’t nobody got time to be making homemade glaze during this busy time of the year.
Festive White Cake with Raspberry Sauce
This festive white cake is tender, delicious, and easy to make. Top with raspberry sauce.
- 1 package white cake mix PLUS ingredients listed on cake mix box.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 container strawberry glaze (14 ounces)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh OR frozen raspberries
- Bake the cake in a 9x13x2" baking pan according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cooked cake.
- Refrigerate cake until time to serve.
- Just before serving, combine water and strawberry glaze. Gently fold in the raspberries. Serve over cake.
Amount Per Serving Calories 139Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 24mgSodium 42mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 1g