Almond Sugar Cookie Tart is made with a roll of sugar cookie dough from the refrigerated section of the grocery store. This easy tart is topped with a cream cheese/almond filling and fresh fruit.
Spring and summer are my favorite seasons – and not just because of beach trips and sunny days. My favorite fruits and berries are in season. Yay! It also means I’ll be making Almond Sugar Cookie Tart with Peaches and Berries.
A few days ago when I was talking to my dad on the phone, we talked about picking fresh blackberries and making a blackberry cobbler. Mama always made the best blackberry cobblers and now my dad is carrying on her tradition. I sure wish I had some of mom’s cobbler! I’d add a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and take a trip down memory lane.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make an Almond Sugar Cookie Tart
(Keep scrolling for the full printable recipe card!)
- refrigerated sugar cookie dough (one roll of dough)
- softened cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- almond extract
- fresh blackberries and blueberries
- fresh sliced peaches
- peach preserves
Recently, my mouth was watering after hearing dad raving about blackberry cobbler so I decided to make an Almond Sugar Cookie Tart with Peaches and Berries. This tart is topped with lots of blackberries, blueberries, and peaches. Peaches and blueberries are huge favorites of mine too.
This tart is easy to make because it all begins with a sugar cookie crust made with a roll of sugar cookie dough. You know I’m all about easy.
Almond Sugar Cookie Tart with Peaches & Berries
This recipe calls for almond extract. I’m not an almond extract person. I usually prefer vanilla extract – I even make my own vanilla sometimes. But, for this recipe, the almond extract works perfectly with the peaches and berries. Of course, use vanilla if you don’t care for the almond flavor.
Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray. Break up the cookie dough and press evenly into the pan.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and almond extract on medium speed until fluffy. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
Arrange the fruit and berries over the cream cheese mixture. I don’t peel the peaches because the skin is perfectly edible. Be sure to rinse the fruit before using.
Mix peach preserves with water and brush over the fruit.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough (16.5 oz.)
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups berries
- 1-1/2 cup thinly sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 375º F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Break up the sugar cookie dough and press evenly into the pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and almond extract on medium speed until fluffy. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- Arrange sliced peaches and berries over cream cheese mixture.
- Stir preserves and water together. Brush the fruit with the preserves. Refrigerate for two hours before serving. Cut into squares to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 46Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 4mgSodium 22mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 1g
You May Also Like These Delicious Recipes