Are you a fan of delicious and unique desserts? If so, you’ll definitely want to try out this recipe for Easy Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars.
Combining the classic flavors of pecan pie with the creamy richness of cheesecake, this dessert is sure to become one of your new favorites.
These amazing Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars are the perfect dessert for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat to share with friends and family or just want to indulge in something special for yourself, this recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Helpful Hint: I make these the night before I’m going to serve them. These bars are best if refrigerated overnight before serving.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Easy Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
To make these delicious Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars, you will need a variety of ingredients that come together to create a perfect blend of flavors. Here is what you will need:
- Graham cracker crumbs: These are used to create the buttery graham cracker crust that forms the base of the bars.
- Melted butter: This is mixed with the graham cracker crumbs to create the crust. You will need about 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Granulated sugar – Adds just the right amount of sweetness to the crust.
- Cream cheese: This is the main component of the creamy cheesecake filling. Make sure you use full-fat cream cheese.
- Sour cream: This is added to the cream cheese mixture to create a smooth and creamy texture.
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Whole eggs plus two egg yolks: Eggs should be at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract: This is added to both the pecan pie filling and the creamy cheesecake filling to add a subtle flavor.
- All-purpose flour: A little flour helps keep the cheesecake from cracking as it bakes. It also makes the filling light and fluffy.
Pecan Pie Topping:
- Heavy Cream
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Light Corn Syrup: Helps hold the pecan pie filling together and creates a smooth texture.
- Chopped pecans
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Food Processor
- Parchment Paper
- 9×13 baking pan with sides
- Electrix Mixer – Stand or Hand Mixer
- Medium Saucepan
Preparation Steps (Full Printable Recipe Card Down Below!)
First, make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature before you start preparing the cheesecake batter. This will ensure that the batter is smooth and creamy.
Preheat the oven and prepare a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Spritz the paper with nonstick cooking spray.
Prepare The Crust For Pecan Cheesecake Bars
Pulse the graham crackers and sugar in a food processor. Add the melted butter and pulse again until the butter is evenly incorporated.
Press the graham cracker mixture into a parchment-lined 9×13 baking dish.
The Cheesecake Layer
To prepare the cheesecake layer: Beat the cream cheese until light and creamy. Add the sour cream and continue beating until well combined.
Add the sugar, eggs, and flour, beating until combined and smooth.
Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust and spread evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Prepare the Pecan Pie Layer
Before removing the cheesecake layer from the refrigerator, make the pecan pie layer by melting the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add heavy cream, brown sugar, vanilla, and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the pecans and mix until well-coated. Spoon the pecan pie layer over the cheesecake layer.
Bake until the middle no longer jiggles and the pecans are golden. Cool for at least one hour at room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
Prior to serving, cut into bars using a sharp knife.
If you have any leftover Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars, you can store them in an airtight container. Make sure to wrap them tightly with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out. You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
If you are planning to store your Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars for a longer period, you can freeze them. Wrap them tightly with plastic wrap and then with aluminum foil. You can freeze them for up to 2-3 months.
Tips and Tricks
When making Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars, there are a few tips and tricks that can help you achieve the best results. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Use a baking dish that is the correct size. If the dish is too small, the bars will be too thick and may not cook all the way through. If the dish is too large, the bars may be too thin and dry out.
- Make sure to use a medium bowl to mix together the crust ingredients. If you use a large bowl, the ingredients may not mix together properly, resulting in a crumbly crust.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl. This will help ensure that the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- 16 graham crackers
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs and 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons flour
pecan pie topping:
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper. Spritz the paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- To prepare the crust: Place the graham crackers and sugar into a food processor. Pulse until the crackers are finely ground. Add the melted butter and pulse again until the butter is evenly incorporated. Press the graham cracker mixture into the prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- To prepare the cheesecake layer: Beat the cream cheese at medium speed until light and creamy. Add the sour cream and continue beating until well blended, scraping down the sides as needed. To the batter, add the sugar, eggs, and flour, beating until combined and smooth. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust and spread evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare the pecan pie layer: Before removing the cheesecake layer from the refrigerator, make the pecan pie layer by melting the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. To the melted butter, add the heavy cream, brown sugar, vanilla, and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often. Stir in the pecans and mix until well-coated. Spoon the pecan pie layer over the cheesecake layer.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until the middle no longer jiggles and the pecans are golden. Cool for at least one hour at room temperature prior to covering and refrigerating overnight.
- Prior to serving, cut into bars using a sharp knife.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 267Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 61mgSodium 102mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 3g