Thanks to ZULAY Kitchen for sponsoring this post, Pecan Praline Topped Cheesecake. All opinions are my own.
A delicious cheesecake is baked, cooled and topped with a scrumptious pecan praline topping. This is my favorite cheesecake.
If you love pecans, check out my best recipes featuring pecans!
Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Ideas
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas event, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures. Between Nov. 11th and December 6th there will be hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-host bloggers!
Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this year’s talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs. Download this year’s November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are hosting a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more information and to enter to win!
This Cheesecake is Amazing
I love a good cheesecake, especially one with pecans. Because, you know, pecans! It’s my favorite nut. This cheesecake has pecans in the crust and on top.
I have so many recipes with pecans, including Dixie’s Pecan Pie Cobbler. It’s always a winner.
I also have 60 Festive Pecan Desserts for the Holidays.
Pecan Praline Topped Cheesecake
You’ll need a 9″ cheesecake pan for this recipe. I’m so thankful that ZULAY Kitchen sent me their awesome non-stick cheesecake pan.
My old springform pan had seen better days, so I’m loving my new pan.
To make the cheesecake (recipe below), you’ll need:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Finely chopped toasted pecans
- Brown sugar
- Cream cheese (3 packs – 8 oz. each)
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla Extract
Combine the crust ingredients and press into the bottom of an ungreased springform pan.
Beat cream cheese, eggs, and vanilla extract. Pour into crust.
Pecan Praline Topping
To make the pecan praline topping, you will need:
- Brown sugar
- Heavy whipping cream
- Toasted pecans
The brown sugar and cream are combined in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Be careful not to simmer too long. You don’t want the mixture to harden.
Remove from the heat and stir in the pecans. Spoon evenly over the cooled cheesecake. Chill.
This cheesecake is a family favorite and always gets rave reviews.
Tips for Baking The Perfect Cheesecake Without a Water Bath
- Make sure cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature.
- Don’t overbeat the eggs.
- Don’t open the oven until the end (or close to the end) of the baking time.
- Cool completely at room temperature before placing a cheesecake in the fridge.
What Causes a Cheesecake To Crack?
There are several reasons why your cheesecake may crack on the top. Fortunately, the praline topping will cover any imperfections.
- Overmixing – When you overmix the batter, more air is incorporated. This can cause the cheesecake to rise during baking and collapsing while it cools.
- Overbaking – Don’t overbake the cheesecake. When the center is set (a tad jiggly) in the center, it’s done. Cracks can form when the cheesecake gets too dry.
- When you take the cheesecake out of the oven to cool, carefully run a knife around the edges of the cheesecake. This keeps the cake from sticking to the sides of the pan. While cheesecake is cooling, it contracts. If the sides are stuck to the side of the pan, this could also create cracks on the top.
- A water bath will also help keep cheesecakes from cracking. I do not use one for this cheesecake.
If you have a few cracks, remember, the praline topping will cover them all up.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pecan Praline Topping
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham crackers, 1/2 cup toasted and finely chopped pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is set. Cool. Top with Pecan Praline Topping. Chill. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Make the praline topping by combining brown sugar and cream in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
- Spoon evenly over the cheesecake. Chill.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 344Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 108mgSodium 189mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 7g
You May Also Like
MEET OUR SPONSORS who have generously donated fabulous prizes for the Big Christmas Giveaway!
DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21
It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019, and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only.