Thanks to Dixie Crystals for sponsoring this post, Peppermint Buttons. All opinions are my own.
Today is all about potlucks! Peppermint Buttons for a potluck? Yes! Whenever we have Christmas parties at our church, we encourage everyone to bring their favorite party food. I usually take several because I can never just take one item to a gathering.
I fondly remember the potlucks we’d have at my sweet little country childhood church when I was growing up. It seemed like mama would take enough food to feed the entire church by herself. I was blessed to attend a potluck at my home church when I visited my dad a few weeks ago.
I would always ask mama what she was bringing so I’d make sure to grab a piece of her famous fried chicken. She’d remind me not to ask loudly while I was going through the buffet line. Mom was also known for her delicious cornbread dressing and chicken and dumplings.
At Christmas gatherings, I know I can’t show up without my Pineapple Cheese Ball. It’s always a big hit. I usually fix up a candy tray with all my favorite candies. Peppermint Buttons are a perfect addition to the candy tray.
Welcome to 12 Days of Holiday Events
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas event, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures Between Nov. 11th and December 6th there will be hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-host bloggers!
Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this year’s talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs. Download this year’s November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are hosting a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more information and to enter to win!
Peppermint Buttons are so cute and are really easy to make. Plus, these buttons are festive and delicious.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Beat cream cheese and a cup of powdered sugar until creamy. Add peppermint extract and red food coloring.
Mix until smooth. Gradually, mix in the remaining powdered sugar.
Scoop out a teaspoon of the dough and shape it into a ball. Flatten slightly.
Use the back of a teaspoon or your thumb to make indentions.
Chill overnight. The next day, melt the white chocolate wafers in the microwave, in 45-second increments. Spoon the chocolate in the center of the cookies. Allow the chocolate to harden.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar (I always use Dixie Crystals)
- 3-5 drops Red Gel food coloring
- 1-3 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 cup Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1 cup of powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the peppermint extract and red food coloring. Gradually mix in the remaining powdered sugar.
- If the dough is too thick, mix in 1-3 teaspoons of milk to soften the dough.
- Scoop out 1 teaspoon of the dough and roll into a ball.
- Use the back of a teaspoon or your thumb to make an indention in the dough. Repeat steps, until all the dough has been used.
- Place into the fridge overnight.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate melting wafers in increments of 45 seconds. Stir until smooth. Spoon the chocolate into the center of the cookies. Allow the chocolate to harden. Enjoy!
Meet The Sponsors
MEET OUR SPONSORS who have generously donated fabulous prizes for the Big Christmas Giveaway!
DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21
It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019, and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only.