Three-Ingredient 3 Musketeers Bar Copycat Recipe – These easy-to-make homemade candy bars have a fluffy center and a milk-chocolate coating.
These are so good and a 3 Musketeers Chocolate Bar happens to be my husband’s favorite candy bar. This copycat bar tastes just like the real thing!
This candy is also referred to as Cool Whip Candy because you use whipped topping and chocolate chips to make the fluffy middle.
Homemade candy is so much fun to make, especially if it’s an easy recipe like this one. I love that I don’t have to use a candy thermometer or cook anything on the stove. You only need your microwave for this one.
This recipe uses simple ingredients you can buy at your local grocery store.
If you like homemade treats you will love my mom’s Homemade Turtles and my favorite fast 5-minute Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make 3 Musketeers Bar (full recipe down below!)
- Milk Chocolate Chips – I use Nestle Toll House Milk Chocolate Morsels for this recipe!
- Whipped Topping, thawed in the refrigerator – You can use Cool Whip or your favorite whipped topping. I prefer the store-brand whipped topping because, in my opinion, it doesn’t have the aftertaste that the name-brand does.
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons shortening (like Crisco)
You’ll also need the following equipment:
- Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer (hand or a stand mixer – or you can just use a spoon and mix by hand)
- 8×8 square baking pan
Steps For Making 3 Musketeers Bars
Step 1: Line an 8×8 baking pan with plastic wrap. Set aside. Melt 3-1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and continue microwaving at 30-second intervals until smooth. Do not overcook.
Step 2: Add the whipped topping to the melted chocolate. Using a hand or stand mixer on medium speed, mix until smooth.
You can also mix by hand. Just make sure the mixture is well combined and smooth.
Step 3: Press the chocolate/whipped topping mixture into the 8×8 plastic wrap lined pan. The mixture will be sticky. Use a spatula or place a piece of wax paper over the top, in order to press the mixture evenly.
Place in the freezer for 30-40 minutes.
Step 4: Remove the candy from the freezer. Using the plastic wrap, place the candy on a cutting board and flip it over.
Remove the Saran Wrap and using a sharp knife, cut the candy into 24-32 rectangular bars. Place the bars on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
Step 5: Melt the remaining milk chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir and continue in 30-second intervals until smooth.
Step 6: Use a fork to dip the bars into the melted chocolate. Let the excess drip off before placing the candy back on the tray. Repeat until all bars are coated.
Place in the fridge to harden.
How To Store 3 Musketeer Bars
These bars should be kept in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. They will keep for up to 5 days.
You can also store this candy in the freezer for up to 30 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you use heavy whipping cream instead of whipped topping? No. Whipping cream is a different consistency and it’s not stable like whipped topping.
- Can I use semi-sweet chocolate chips? Yes! You can even use white chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. I just prefer milk chocolate.
After you dip the bars into the melted chocolate, you can add colorful sprinkles to celebrate a certain holiday or drizzle them with white chocolate.
You can also dress these bars up by sprinkling them very lightly with cocoa powder.
These bars are perfect for special occasions like Christmas or the 4th of July. You could also make these for friends or a new neighbor.
You’ll Also Love These Bar Recipes
- Candy Bar Fudge
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars
- Spice Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
- Copycat PAYDAY Bar Recipe
3 Musketeers Bar Copycat Recipe
If you like a 3 Musketeers Bar, you'll love this 3-ingredient copycat recipe.
- 6 cups milk chocolate chips, divided (I use Nestles Toll House Morsels)
- 8-ounce container whippped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable shortening (like Crisco)
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with saran wrap. Set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, add 3-1/2 cups of the milk chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is smooth. Do not overcook.
- Add the whipped topping to the melted chocolate and mix with a hand mixer (or by hand) until combined and smooth.
- Scoop the chocolate mixture into the 8x8 pan. Smooth the top evenly with a spatula. (The mixture will be sticky.)
- Place in the freezer for 30-40 minutes.
- Using the Saran Wrap, remove the candy from the pan and flip it over onto a cutting board. Remove the saran wrap and cut the candy into 32 bars.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the candy bars onto the tray. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips and the vegetable shortening in the microwave, in 30-second intervals, until melted and smooth.
- With a fork, dip the candy bars into the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Place in the fridge to harden. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving Calories 176Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 8mgSodium 25mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 2g