Pineapple Sheet Cake is easy to put together. It’s so moist and delicious. The icing on this do-nothing cake features chopped nuts and coconut.
This Pineapple Sheet Cake is often referred to as a do-nothing cake because it’s so easy to make. You don’t even need a mixer for this one. You stir the cake ingredients together in a bowl, pour it into a greased 9×13 pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
The icing is heated up in mere minutes and poured over the warm cake.
Ingredients To Make Pineapple Sheet Cake
- self-rising flour
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- crushed pineapple (20 oz can – do not drain!)
- granulated sugar
- evaporated milk (small 5 oz. can)
- chopped walnuts OR pecans
- flaked coconut
How To Make A Pineapple Sheet Cake (AKA Do Nothing Cake)
Y’all, this is the moistest cake you’ll ever make. Plus, it’s so easy to throw together. That’s why it’s called a do-nothing cake.
Spray a 13×9 baking pan with cooking spray. I use Baker’s Joy! Combine the cake ingredients in a bowl. Stir together until mixed. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350º F. or until golden brown.
While the cake is cooling on a wire rack, heat the butter, sugar, and evaporated milk on medium until it simmers, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in the nuts and coconut.
Pour the icing over the warm cake. Let cool before serving. I store leftovers in the fridge.
You Will Also Love The Recipes Below
- Sheet Pan Pecan Pie For A Crowd
- Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Turtle Cake Squares
- Cream Cheese Pineapple Pie
- Pineapple Cheese Ball (My Favorite Cheese Ball!)
Pineapple Sheet Cake
A tender pineapple cake is baked in a 13x9 baking pan. The easy icing features chopped nuts and flaked coconut. This cake is also called a do-nothing cake because it's so easy to make.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 oz. evaporated milk (small can)
- 1 cup pecans OR walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, blend all cake ingredients. Pour into a greased and floured 13x9 baking pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack while making the icing.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, sugar, and evaporated milk, stirring often. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the nuts and coconut. Pour over the warm cake. Let cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 408Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 35mgSodium 296mgCarbohydrates 75gFiber 2gSugar 57gProtein 5g