My 30-something-year-old son loves fruit salad. Whenever we’re having a family get together, I send out a group text asking the kids if they have a special request. He always asks for some type of fruit salad and this Tropical Cheesecake Fruit Salad is his favorite. Mine, too!
Fruit Salads are relatively easy to make. You need to chop some fruit and make some type of dressing. There are so many ways to dress a fruit salad, but I usually go with creamy. This Tropical Cheesecake Fruit Salad has a beautiful, creamy dressing that’s not too sweet and really compliments the tropical fruit.
Tropical Cheesecake Fruit Salad
Whenever I’m making Tropical Cheesecake Fruit Salad, I make the dressing the night before and store it in the refrigerator. Right before my party, I slice the fruit and gently stir it all together. That way, the bananas look all fresh and pretty.
You’ll need bananas, kiwi, mangos, maraschino cherries, mandarin oranges, and pineapple. I use canned pineapple chunks.
Helpful Hint: Two of my daughters don’t like mangos. Were they switched at birth? If you don’t like a certain fruit, leave it out or switch it for a fruit you do like.
Combine Instant Cheesecake Pudding and cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
Add a cup of milk, a little at a time, and mix until creamy. Stir in whipped topping. Store in a covered bowl in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Peel and slice the fresh fruit. Drain the canned fruit (pineapple, oranges, cherries) and gently combine the fruit with the cheesecake mixture.
Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve immediately.
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz.), softened
- 1 package instant cheesecake pudding (3.4 oz.)
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- 1 small can or jar mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can pineapple chunks, (20 oz.) drained
- 4 kiwi, peeled and cubed
- 2 mangos, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 jar maraschino cherries (10 oz. without stems), drained
- 2 or more Tablespoons toasted Coconut, to garnish (if desired)
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and cheesecake pudding until well combined. Add milk, a little at a time, until well combined. Stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Peel and cube mangos and kiwi. Slice bananas. Mix all fruit together. Add cheesecake dressing and gently mix until combined. Top with toasted coconut. Serve immediately.
This Tropical Cheesecake Fruit Salad is delicious. It reminds me of a beautiful summer day on my favorite island. If I close my eyes, I can almost see palm trees gently swaying in a tropical breeze.