If you like a sweet and salty treat, Chocolate Crunch Candy is for you. This thin candy is made with saltine crackers, a brown sugar/butter mixture, and topped with melted Hershey’s chocolate bars.
I made these quick and easy treats a few days ago for the grandkids. In the last few days, I’ve made chocolate covered peanuts, buckeyes (also known as peanut butter balls), and my mom’s chocolate turtles. Hey, it’s a candy-making season at my house.
Ingredients For Chocolate Crunch Candy (full, printable recipe down below)
- saltine crackers
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- full-size Hershey’s chocolate bars
How To Make Chocolate Crunch Candy
Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a 13×9 baking pan with saltine crackers and set aside. I use 24 saltines in a glass 13×9 baking dish.
Combine the butter and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture begins to boil. Boil for three minutes without stirring.
Carefully, pour the boiling mixture over the saltine crackers.
Bake at 375º for seven minutes. Remove the candy from the oven and place the Hershey’s chocolate bars on top. Let melt and then spread.
Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Chocolate Crunch Candy is the perfect Christmas gift for teachers, friends, or family.
Helpful Hints For Making Chocolate Crunch Candy
- Make sure you use a pan with sides. (You may be thinking well, duh, but I want to cover all the bases.)
- The candy will be thin, sort of like chocolate bark. It’s sometimes called Saltine Cracker Toffee or Christmas crack. This is an old recipe and you’ve probably seen many variations of this candy, but this is the one we like.
- You can top this candy with chopped pecans if you’d like. As soon as you spread the Hershey’s bars, sprinkle with 3/4 cup nuts.
- Once you spread the chocolate bars to cover the top, you can pop them in the fridge for a few minutes to quickly harden the chocolate. Let the candy sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper or foil and lightly spray with cooking spray before adding the saltines. This step helps make things easier. Just lift out the candy and cut it into squares once the candy has cooled and the chocolate has hardened. You’ll want at least a 1/2 inch overhang on all sides of the baking pan.
You May Also Like These Recipes
- Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie (With Oreo Crust)
- Blueberry Crunch Dump Cake
- Milk Chocolate Toffee Butter Cookies
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars
- Toffee Pecan Pie Squares
Chocolate Crunch Candy
Easy Chocolate Crunch Candy has a layer of saltine crackers topped with homemade toffee and chocolate bars.
- 24 saltine crackers
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 full-size Hershey's chocolate bars (1.55 oz. each)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Line a 13x9 baking pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving a 1/2 inch overhang on all sides. Place the saltine crackers in a single layer. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to a medium-sized saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture begins to boil. Boil for three minutes without stirring.
- Pour the boiling mixture over the saltine crackers. Place in the oven and bake at 375º for seven minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the Hershey's chocolate bars on top. Let melt and then spread. Let cool completely before lifting out of the pan and cutting into squares.
Make sure the candy bar topping has hardened completely before breaking or cutting into pieces.
Amount Per Serving Calories 164Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 23mgSodium 40mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 1g