Blueberry Crunch Dump Cake has a bottom layer of crushed pineapple and fresh, sugared blueberries. A yellow cake mix is poured over the fruit and topped with melted butter, pecans, and a sprinkling of sugar. This is the perfect summertime dessert!
Summer means blueberry season here in South Carolina. I love to pick blueberries and make this Blueberry Crunch Dump Cake.
This dump cake is such an easy dessert to make and is perfect for Sunday dessert. I like to serve this cake warm with big scoops of vanilla ice cream. Dump cakes are not that pretty but they sure do taste good. It’s the sugar and nuts on top that add the crunch factor.
Ingredients for Blueberry Crunch Dump Cake
(You can find the full recipe card at the end of this post.)
To make Blueberry Crunch Dump Cake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Crushed pineapple
- Blueberries (fresh is best but you can use frozen)
- Granulated sugar
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Chopped pecans
What’s A Dump Cake?
A dump cake reminds me of a cobbler. It’s made by dumping fruit into a baking pan, pouring a cake mix on top and drizzling with butter and topping with nuts. A dump cake is an easy dessert to make that tastes so much better than it sounds.
I’ve also made dump cakes with cherry pie filling and pineapple. If blueberries are not your thing, try the cherry pie filling instead of the blueberries.
How To Make Blueberry Crunch Dump Cake
Spread crushed pineapple (juice included) in a lightly greased 9×13 baking pan.
Add the fresh blueberries.
Sprinkle granulated sugar over the blueberries.
Pour the dry cake mix evenly over the sugared blueberries.
Drizzle melted butter over the cake mix.
Add the nuts (I always use pecans) and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
You May Also Like These Recipes
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Lemonade Poke Cake
- Blackberry Key Lime Cake
- Pink Cloud Jello Salad
- Strawberry Bread with Powdered Sugar Glaze
- Citrus Cupcakes with Citrus Buttercream
- Red Velvet Squares
Blueberry Crunch Dump Cake
Blueberry Crunch Dump Cake is an easy dessert with fresh blueberries, crushed pineapple, and pecans.
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking ban with cooking spray.
- Spread undrained pineapple in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle blueberries over pineapple. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of sugar over the blueberries. Spread dry cake mix evenly over the sugar.
- Drizzle melted butter over the cake mix. Top with nuts and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving Calories 294Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 15mgSodium 285mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 2gSugar 32gProtein 2g