Cheesy Hamburger Casserole is a favorite at my house. A ground beef mixture is topped with a layer of cheese. A crescent roll crust tops this delicious casserole. It’s comfort food to the max!
I love a good casserole. One-dish meals are easy to make and cleanup is a breeze. Actually, this recipe calls for a twofer. You’ll need a skillet to brown the meat and a casserole dish to bake the hamburger casserole.
If a recipe calls for crescent rolls, I’m all in. My recipes for crescent roll cinnamon rolls are always a favorite.
Cheesy Hamburger Casserole
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Lean Ground Beef
- Chopped Onion
- Pasta Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Sour Cream
- Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
This recipe makes 6 servings and is baked in a 2-quart casserole dish. If you’re cooking for a crowd, this recipe is easy to double and bake in a larger casserole dish.
Hamburger Casserole in 3 Easy Steps
1. Brown ground beef and onions, drain and stir in pasta sauce. Heat through. Place in an ungreased casserole dish.
2. Mix together shredded mozzarella cheese and sour cream. Spread over the ground beef mixture.
3. Press the seams together and roll out the crescent roll dough to fit your casserole dish. Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375º until golden brown.
This is the easiest casserole to make. You can see the complete recipe below.
Note: I don’t add salt or pepper to this casserole. Cheese is salty and I use premade Ragu pasta sauce. I don’t think it needs any other seasonings.
Feel free to taste the pasta sauce and add salt and pepper or even a teaspoon of Italian seasoning if desired.
If you like this recipe, you’ll also love:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup pasta sauce (bottled OR homemade)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls (8 oz.)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melted butter (for brushing crust before baking)
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce, heat through.
- Spread meat in an ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine mozzarella cheese and sour cream. Spoon over meat mixture.
- Unroll crescent rolls but do not separate into triangles. On a lightly floured surface, press the edges together and roll out to fit the baking dish. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375º F. oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 363Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 104mgSodium 555mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 31g