Mounds Candy Bar Brownies begin with a boxed brownie mix! These brownies are moist, full of flavor, and hard to resist. This dessert always gets rave reviews, even from people who say they don’t like coconut.
When you add chopped Mounds candy bars and toasted pecans to a basic brownie mix, it’s a win-win dessert that coconut lovers will go crazy over.
Ingredients For Mounds Candy Bar Brownies (Full Printable Recipe Card Below)
- Fudge Brownie Mix (I use Duncan Hines Family Size Chewy Fudge 18.3 oz.) plus eggs and water per package directions
- Vegetable Oil
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Snack-size Mounds Candy Bars, chopped (you’ll need 14 candy bars)
- toasted, chopped pecans
For this recipe, reduce the vegetable oil called for on the package directions to 3 Tablespoons.
How To Make Mounds Candy Bar Brownies
Preheat the oven to 350º and lightly grease a 13×9 inch baking pan. Chop the Mounds candy bars and toast the pecans.
For this recipe, I toast the pecans in a large dry skillet on top of the stove over medium heat. Heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring or shaking the skillet often.
Be careful not to burn the pecans. They are done when they are golden and fragrant. Don’t walk away from the stove while toasting. Trust me on this one!
Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box, but reduce the vegetable oil to 3 tablespoons. Pour into prepared pan.
Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the batter.
Sprinkle with the chopped candy bar and pecans.
Bake at 350º F. for 36-38 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars to serve.
How To Tell When Brownies Are Done
- For very moist brownies, take them out of the oven at the minimum baking time. I also take a peek a couple of minutes before the minimum baking time.
- For firmer brownies, bake them at the longest range of baking time. You can also chill the brownies after they cool.
- Try the toothpick test. When a toothpick is inserted near the center of the brownies, it should come out with a few moist crumbs. If you see wet batter, continue baking.
Are Brownies Supposed To Be Gooey In The Middle?
Yes! Brownies are supposed to be firm on the outside and slightly gooey in the middle. Brownies should be removed from the oven while they are gooey in the middle.
They will set up as they cool. Remember, there’s a difference between undercooked and gooey.
It’s important to let these brownies cool completely before serving.
I usually make these the night before and store them in the refrigerator overnight. I let them sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before servings and they are perfectly firm with a little gooey center.
How To Store Mounds Candy Bar Brownies
- Brownies are best eaten the day they are baked. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
- An uncut and well-wrapped pan of brownies can be stored at room temperature for 3-4 days.
- Brownie squares can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 days.
- Brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure they are well-wrapped.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients per package directions)
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 14 snack-size Mounds candy bars (.6 oz. each), chopped
- 1 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly grease a 13x9 baking pan.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the directions on the box, reducing the vegetable oil to 3 Tablespoons. Pour into prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the brownie batter. Sprinkle with toasted pecans and chopped candy bars.
- Bake for 36-38 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares to serve.
These brownies need to be cooled completely before serving. If you like firm brownies, place them in the refrigerator for several hours after cooling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 square
Amount Per Serving Calories 154Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 6mgSodium 41mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 2g
Try More Of My Delicious Recipes
- Chocolate Mounds Cake With Coconut Filling
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
- Homemade Double Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
- Macadamia Nut Brownies
- Best Vanilla Wafer Cake