I’m sharing my top 5 apple recipes today including easy apply dumplings.
Apple Dumplings are so easy to make. Granny Smith apple slices are wrapped in crescent roll dough. A buttery spiced mixture AND 7-Up is poured over the apple dumplings before baking. These are even better served with vanilla ice cream.
Fall is right around the corner, y’all, and my thoughts always turn to apples when I think about shorter days and a soon-to-be chill in the air.
I love apples all by themselves, but I really like them all gussied up in the form of a dessert so I decided to share my top 5 apple recipes!
I recently made easy apple dumplings for Sunday dessert. It’s one of those recipes that I’ve had forever and is always best served with Blue Bell Vanilla ice cream.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Easy Apple Dumplings
- Granny Smith apple
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (8 count tube)
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- 7-up OR Sprite
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 1 Can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cups 7-up or Sprite
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Peel the apple and cut it into 8 wedges.
- Separate the crescent rolls into triangles
- Starting at the wide end, roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough. Make sure the apple is completely covered with dough and pinch to seal. Place in baking dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the sugar and cinnamon and whisk until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the apple dumplings. Then pour the 7-up over the dumplings.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving Calories 311Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 47mgSodium 218mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 29gProtein 2g
Top 5 Apple Recipes
If you love apple dumplings, you’ll like these recipes too. Just click the link to get the recipe!
Another of my favorite apple desserts is Apple Bread with Praline Topping!
Crumb Top Apple Pie (Apple Crumble) is a recipe I’ve been making for over 30 years. If you like a really good crumbly top crust, this one’s for you.
My all-time favorite apple dessert and the one that brings back the most memories of growing up is Grandma’s Apple Tarts.
Grandma and her beloved maid, Annie, made the best-fried apple tarts in the world!
I can close my eyes and see them rolling out the dough and crimping the edges with the tines of a fork.
Speaking of apples, here’s the easiest and tastiest taffy apple dip in the world!
I do hope you try one or more of my top 5 apple recipes. What’s your favorite way to eat apples?
Looking for more delicious recipes?
- Mom’s Chicken and Dumplings
- Sweet Potato Dumplings
- Apple Dumplings With Vanilla Ice Cream (another way to make apple dumplings!)
- Fall Recipes, Crafts, and More
- Upside Down Apple Pie
Originally posted Sept. 2014 and updated on August 24, 2021.