Chocolate Chip Pie is an oldie but goody recipe! I love pecans and chocolate so this pie is a double winner for me. If you love pecans as much as I do, check out my Best Recipes Featuring Pecans.
Chocolate Chip Pie is one of those desserts that you can make all year long. However, I especially love this pie during the holidays. I like to serve this pie warm, topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
I realized that it had been a while since I baked a Toll House Chocolate Chip Pie and I had everything on hand to make it, so I did.
This recipe has been around forever. I do add a teaspoon of vanilla to this chocolate chip pie. The original recipe doesn’t call for vanilla.
You Can Replace The Pecans With Walnuts
Usually, if a recipe calls for walnuts, I mix those nuts and add pecans instead. Pecans will always be my favorite. However, feel free to replace the pecans with walnuts.
I had a little less than the cup of chopped nuts it calls for, so I added a few more chocolate chip morsels. Chocolate makes everything better, right?
I started to reduce the butter for this one, but I thought, “What the heck, leave it alone.” When you start playing around with a classic pie recipe, you can end up with one that’s just so-so. Why mess with perfection?
Ingredients At A Glance for Chocolate Chip Pie (Scroll to the end for the full, printable recipe)
- unbaked pie shell (deep dish – 9 inches)
- large eggs
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chopped pecans
- whipped topping, optional
Chocolate Chip Pie
Beat eggs at high speed until foamy. Beat in granulated sugar, flour, and brown sugar. Add butter and beat until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Spoon into a deep-dish pie shell.
Bake at 325º for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted between center and edge comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Check Out These Great Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Double Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Shortbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 unbaked pie shell (deep dish - 9 inches)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Beat in granulated sugar, flour, and brown sugar.
- Add butter and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until knife inserted between center and edge comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 549Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 92mgSodium 192mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 3gSugar 39gProtein 6g
Check Out Even More Great Recipes Below!