Strawberry Delight is a delicious layered dessert. It all begins with an easy-to-make tender crust filled with chopped pecans. Top with layers of cream cheese filling, fresh strawberries, and strawberry gelatin. It’s such a pretty dessert.
Layered desserts are so much fun to eat and so easy to make. This one is perfect for spring and summer. It’s cool, creamy and the only part that needs baking is the crust.
There are so many variations of this “delight” dessert. I’ve made Chocolate Delight many times throughout the years.
Blueberry Yum Yum is another favorite layered dessert. The crust is made from graham crackers and it’s always a winner.
Ingredients for Strawberry Delight – Full Recipe Down Below!
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- All-purpose Flour
- Powdered Sugar
- Cream Cheese
- Frozen Whipped Topping
- Granulated Sugar
- Strawberry Gelatin
The Delicious Crust (Bottom Layer)
The crust for Strawberry Delight is made with all-purpose flour, melted butter, and chopped pecans. These 3 ingredients are combined and spread in the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan.
Bake for 20 minutes or until light, golden brown, and cool on a wire rack.
How To Make The Layers
This dessert has a yummy crust topped with a cream cheese layer and a strawberry layer.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar on medium speed. Add whipped topping and beat on the lowest speed until the mixture is smooth.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled pecan crust. Arrange sliced strawberries on top and place the dessert in the refrigerator while you make the top layer.
In a medium saucepan, combine flour, sugar, and strawberry gelatin. Stir in water and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and begins to bubble. Continue to cook and stir for one minute.
Remove the strawberry gelatin mixture from the heat and set it aside to let cool for 30 minutes. Once the mixture has cooled, spoon over the strawberries.
Refrigerate for at least four hours or up to 24 hours.
I always make this dessert the day before and let it chill overnight in the fridge.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-oz) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- For the crust: Combine 1-1/2 cups flour and melted butter. Stir in chopped pecans. Pat evenly onto the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake in a 350º F. oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat powdered sugar and cream cheese on medium speed until combined. Add the whipped topping and beat on low until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Arrange sliced strawberries on top. Cover and chill in the refrigerator while preparing the top layer.
- Top layer: In a medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and 3 Tablespoons strawberry gelatin. Stir in water. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to thicken and boil. Continue to cook and stir for one minute. Remove from heat. Cover the surface with waxed paper or plastic wrap and set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Spoon cooled gelatin mixture over strawberries. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Cut in squares to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 25mgSodium 77mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 2gSugar 28gProtein 3g
Check out more delicious strawberry recipes below!
- Favorite Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake
- Chilled Strawberry Soup
- Baked Strawberry Doughnuts
- Strawberry Bread