The Strawberry is my favorite berry of all! During spring and summer, I try to make as many of my family’s favorite strawberry recipes as possible.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When it comes to fresh strawberries, I can’t seem to get enough. My family loves the entire process, from picking to eating the strawberries.
Speaking of strawberries, my mom made the best homemade strawberry ice cream. When I was a kid, we had a crank-style churn. On hot summer Sunday afternoons, we’d all take turns churning and I could hardly wait until that strawberry ice cream was ready. Once the can becomes hard to churn, you know it’s about ready!
Speaking of ice cream (how did I get off on that subject?), you may want to try my no-churn peach ice cream.
How To Keep Strawberries Fresh
- When purchasing strawberries, look for firm, plump, bright, and fresh-looking berries.
- Strawberries stay fresher longer when you store them in the fridge unwashed, with stems on. I like to use Rubbermaid FreshWorks containers. I place the containers in the crisper drawer.
- If you’re going to use strawberries the same day you pick (or buy) them, it’s perfectly fine to leave them at room temperature.
Strawberries Are Good For Us
According to WebMD, strawberries are “packed with vitamins, fiber, and particularly high levels of antioxidants known as polyphenols, strawberries are a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, low-calorie food. They are among the top 20 fruits in antioxidant capacity and are a good source of manganese and potassium.”
Strawberries are perfect for snacking. One serving (8 medium strawberries) has only 45 calories. Of course, strawberries are featured in many of my favorite recipes.
Favorite Strawberry Recipes
Sadly, I never did get mom’s recipe for homemade strawberry ice cream, but I’m working on recreating it. Once I get it perfected, you’ll be the first to know. Until then, I hope you enjoy these favorite strawberry recipes.
You May Also Like
- Dairy Queen Butterfinger Blizzard Copycat
- Mama’s Southern Peach Cobbler
- Apple Dumplings With Vanilla Ice Cream
- Coffee Ice Cream Pie With Chocolate Drizzle
- Mexican Lava Brownies
- Apple Pie Milkshake